Designing and making an Internet of Things (IoT) system is not easy. Use cases may be difficult to define, technologies from several distinct technical fields have to be integrated, and selecting the right communication means may be difficult.
I can help you putting your IoT project on the right track, with following assistance:
- advice regarding use cases, types of connectivity, application-level protocols, etc.
- development of proofs of concept or prototypes, and delivery of the associated codebase, which can then be used to jump-start the development of your product
- for an ongoing project facing technical difficulties relating to connectivity: audit of the technical architecture and of the communication layers, definition of specific test procedures, development of dedicated tools, etc.
Since the 90’s, I have been designing, developing and delivering many systems, under tight resource and time constraints. I ensured smooth integration of various wireless technologies. I designed several devices, and developed associated SDK (Software Development Kit) and communication stacks.
My experience encompasses the three technical fields required to design reliable IoT systems: communication systems, electronics, software development. And I am well-experienced in integrating components from these fields.
I hold a Master of Engineering from the French graduate engineering school Telecom Bretagne (now IMT Atlantique), with a specialization in Computer Science followed at Telecom Paris. I hold two granted patents, and three pending ones, in the field of connected devices. I’m a part-time lecturer at the University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis, where I speak about IoT.
Some of the systems I built:
- real-time mission dispatch for various types of fleet of vehicles (taxis, waste collection, ambulances, etc.)
- urban transport real-time tracking (information about next stop to the driver and to the travellers, alerts on delays, etc.)
- air quality monitoring (periodic upload of sensor data, etc.)
- remote control of radio transceivers (frequency settings, etc.)
- tracking system with global coverage (integration of two cellular networks and one satellite network, etc.)
- detection of presence of the driver in a car
- supervision of entrances and exits of sailing ships for a harbour
- transmission over 4G of a video stream from a mobile device to another mobile device, triggered by an alarm
Some of the technical environments that I have been using or used:
- communication layers:
- cellular (GPRS, 3G, 4G)
- LPWAN (LoRa / LoRaWAN, Sigfox)
- digital trunked radio (TETRA)
- professional mobile radio (PMR)
- unlicensed short distance radio
- satellite (Inmarsat-C)
- microcontrollers / boards:
- ST STM32L0, STM32L4
- Espressif ESP8266
- MangOH and Sierra Wireless WPxxxx module
- NXP LPC1115
- NXP (originally Motorola) 68HC11
- embedded software environments:
- programming languages:
- assembly languages
- desktop, server, mainframe:
- Vue.js, Angular
- Linux, Microsoft Windows, macOS
Systev is the trade name I use for my website. It was the name I created for a company I co-founded in 2007 and closed down in 2011. As I like this name, I re-used it 🙂 Check my LinkedIn profile if you want to know more.